• In the Spotlight:

What type of make up do you wear?

I have never really worn any make-up ever. I'm 22 and I was wanting to try some out. I have sensitive and VERY pale skin so usually any type makes me look oompa loompa-ish. Are the mineral kinds out there any good? Or is there another type you would recommend?

Marina L.

Asked by Marina L. at 10:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use Clinique. It's very sensitive and they come in very light colors. I am very pale as well. You can go to the make up counter at Macy's and they'll give you a free demo.

rmarina41

Answer by rmarina41 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i use mary kay... i've heard bare minerals is really good
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I wear Mary Kay mineral powder foundation
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Eyeshadow and mascara ;p
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 10:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I love Cover Girl....I have very sensitive skin and it's the only brand that doesn't make me break out!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I use Almay, only because I have really sensitive skin. That's is I even wear it. I really don't like makeup either. Most of the time I just put on some mascara, and a little eyeliner , some lip gloss, and call it done...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:51 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i am very pale, so no drug store brands work for me because they are all to dark or orange.... there are only 2 types of make up that work with my skin.... MAC and Bare Minerals..... bm lasts longer with everyday use one jar of the foundation lasts me about 4-5 months and MAC lasts about 1 month.... MAC is more full coverage but can be a bit heavy and break you out with too much use, Bare Minerals i like when i am pregnant because my skin is more sensitive and i use it everyday... i could even sleep in it and it covers well and does not make me look orange it blends perfect and it almost feels as if i am not wearing any makeup.... if you look at my default pic i am wearing bare minerals foundation and MAC lipstick and you will also see how fair skinned i am. i hope this helped.. you can pm me if you have any other questions
    rmarina41

Answer by rmarina41 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Cover girl
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 10:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I only wear eye makeup usually. When I was pregnant I used Bare Minerals and it worked pretty well on my skin. You can go to a department store and get a free makeover - if the items are too pricey, just try to remember the colors they used and get something similar at the drugstore.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I used to wear covergirl but always broke out... then tried Mary Kay mineral powder and I do not need foundation anymore. its lightweight and comes in varied shades... You would probably do well with Ivory 1 in winter and bump it up to Ivory 2 or a beige 1 in the summer depending on tanning.

Add a little mascara and a lipgloss and you are good to go.

One other tip: instead of using an eyeliner pen, try using a lip brush and dipping it in your fav eyeshadow and apply it under the lower eyelashes.. Now you can have your eyeliner match your eyeshadow on top, Perfecto!!!
    tigg01969

Answer by tigg01969 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010