Do you consider this cheating?

I found out a "friend' of mine texted my husband a bunch of sexual things. He replied back telling her that he didn't love me like before, how he liked to have sex and what he liked to do. He says he took it as a joke at first, but then realized it and replied back to her to please stop texting him and didn't want anything with her. I am having a hard time forgiving him for this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes a million times YES!

Answer by older at 10:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Doesn't sound right to me. I think he was attending to cheat and then got caught and changed his story. I would get rid of both of them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would say it's not cheating, but it definitely crosses a line of trust and you guys need to seek counseling if you are going to go on.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:55 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yep, would be for me
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 10:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No, it's not cheating... It's not good for your relationship, it's deceitful and mean, but no, it's not cheating... Unless I missed something they didn't have sex, how could it be cheating?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:57 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Has he asked you to forgive him? If he hasn't, this may be why you are having difficulty forgiving him. You can, of course, choose to forgive him, even if he never apologizes or asks for forgiveness, and you really should do that for your own sake. However, that does not mean that the relationship can be restored, which I think is what the main problem is. He has broken trust, and unless he realizes the pain and damage he has done to you and to the marriage, the relationship cannot be restored. It might help you to read THE FIVE LANGUAGES OF APOLOGY by Dr. Gary Chapman. I think it might help you to understand what needs to happen in your marriage in order for it to be restored. Your husband should read it, too. It might help him to realize the great damage his behavior has done.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sabrina, there is no need for physical contact for it to be cheating.

Answer by older at 11:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would say so, yes, hugs hun xxx
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 11:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Cheating isn't just about sex SABRINAMBROWN> It is putting your self emotional out their to another man or women. Once you let those feelings take over is when the cheating starts.

Yes he admitted that it was wrong and just a joke. But I think he said that cause he caught and for him to even JOKE that way is very disrespectful to you as his wife. As for your friend she is trash who the hell write that sheet to her friends husband? Whores who want attention from other men no matter who they belong too. That is just my thought on it.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:01 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• He has asked for forgivness and seems very remorseful, but I can't get passed it no matter how hard i try. We have 2 children together and another one on the way along with 12 years of marriage. He is getting mad at me for always thinking about it. What am i supposed to do, forget about it in less than a week? he says that he wants a divorce if I can't stop bringing it up. I don't know what to do.
    luvmykidz_24

Answer by luvmykidz_24 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 24, 2010