How can I get my son's playtex straw sippy cups not to leak?

Whenever I have it just sitting on the table in between him drinking the liquid comes oozing out the straw and all down the bottle. It does this whether it's closed or open. I've tried only filling the cup halfway and it still leaks out. I have several of them and they all do it so it's not just a faulty one. When dd was on these type of cups 4 years ago I never had a problem. Any suggestions or is that just the way they're made now? Thanks.

talestra

Asked by talestra at 10:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's definitely not "just a faulty one". Ours do that too. A-NNOY-ING!!!!! I started taking the lid off, filling it half way and holding it for my kid. That's annoying too but better than having to clean up the "leakage" all the time.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My nuby ones do that as well. I have 3 and only one does it. I dont know why though!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Get a new cup ;) I believe when my son was using sippy cups they pretty much all leaked.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We use the take and toss straw cups. They are dishwasher safe and everything. We reuse them and never had a problem with them leaking.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i don't think there is a sippy cup in existence that doesn't leak. i have all kinds of sippys and they dont leak in like the first 2 days i have them but then they do. i am not going to constantly buy new sippys, i just deal with the spills and hope he stops using them soon
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010