1st birthday gift?

My son will be a year old on September 2nd and i have no idea what to get him for his birthday. My parents already bought him a a toy called "rock, ride & roll", so i dont wanna get anything like that. Doesn't matter the cost, but we do live an apartment so it cant be to big, any ideas would be great thanks:)

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 11:02 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://tiabarney1.blogspot.com/2009/07/fisher-price-laugh-learn-musical.html
    my niece has one of these and LOVES it!!! we also have one in the 1 yr old class in our church nursery and the kids there go nuts over it too! (just be sure to get one made after 2006 because they were re-called back then for a gap between the arm rest and the desk that was just big enough for a kid to get his head stuck in it...
    the new ones are either closed off or totally open (i've seen both)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• What about a activity table? My daughter has a little one and it has like 3 different activities on it. One is a play phone, one is light up numbers, and the other is a pop up toy. It is a great toy and takes up little space. She loves it. ANd it was purchased for her 1 year birthday!
    Mommy2Bry

Answer by Mommy2Bry at 11:08 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My son got the ride rock and roll when he was little... He's five and still rides on it. Darling, I wouldn't stress out too much about a birthday gift for a 1 year old... They don't really remember that young. You're best to get something educational. Like the baby einstein videos or something... 1 is still so little :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I just got clothes for him - we got a lot of toys given to us by a friend who was cleaning out her house. I don't think he cared very much... :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We got our son the Laugh and Learn Home -- Fisher Price. He'll be 2 next week and still plays with it every day.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• this might be a little big, but as long as he has his own play area it should be fine, I got my son a ball pit from wal-mart, and bought a hundred of those little mcdonalds looking play balls for ten dollars. in all it was about $40 but he loved it he climbs in it, throws the balls through the holes, and it gave him a new favorite toy.
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• What about a play tent? We got our kids one when they were that little, it looked like a big ladybug, and they loved it indoors and out.
    BusyBee908

Answer by BusyBee908 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010