Do you think that people can smoke pot on a regular basis and still be good parents?

I have not smoked weed since I got out of high school. Just kind of wondered what people in general thought of this.

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• no, they have to be good examples for their kids
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 11:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I guess it depends on what you mean by "good parents." I'm sure all of us have different definitions of that term, but smoking pot would not fit my definition of a good parent.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• on a regular basis..meaning every day? no way. that would cost a fortune. the money could go to the kids
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• the only person i know who did this is my ex husband, and no, he did not make a good parent. if he isn't on the drugs, i'm sure he is a great father (as long as its not withdrawal) but the drugs (even just the pot) change him.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Nope. I don't care how they try to vaildate their habit either... it's selfish and childish and shows lack of self respect and respect for others.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• This is totally my OWN personal op. I don't think it is a good thing in your life if you feel the need to alter your state of mind with drugs, herbs etc. Life is wonderful on its own. I enjoy mine and my family and don't feel the need to be all doped up or strung out on chemicals etc. Just sayin.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I haven't met any yet but I'm sure there are parents out there that smoke it regularly and are good parents.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If they're not doing it when they need to be taking care of their children, yes. Would I do it? No, because the fact is, it's illegal, and you can get your children taken away for things like that. Not to mention, in case of an emergency, I'd want to be fully alert and able to take action. However, just because someone does do it doesn't make them a bad parent, other than the part of how they're risking their children being taken away. It's no worse than drinking.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• they would be selfish parents in my opinion
    shay1130