My sister-in-law is going to give me a mental breakdown !!!

I understand that she didnt get a full education ( she let my brother knock her up in high school and so she quit her senior year ) , and now the child is suppose to be in pre-school ( she is 4 ) and SIL , is being an idiot and saying things like " well I work with, she doesnt need to go yet. Just because this child is smart, there is more she will learn from an actual teacher and not her drop-out mother who is too afriad to put her big girl panties on and live without her daughter by her side 24/7 ( which is going to cause so many more problems) ...
She just bugs me so much and I really believe she thinks they live in a fantasy world. My brother got a really great job and of course she thinks that gives her the right to stay home all day and i bet is why she also got pregnant again just to stay home longer since she can only keep the older on home one more year... GRRRR !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't want to sound unkind, but how does any of this affect you? This is her family and her decisions regarding them. While you may not agree with her choices, they really are hers to make. Besides that, nobody should have the power to give you a mental breakdown!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Actually, depending on the laws in our state, she can keep her children home to home school (here you have to have either a diploma or GED). Does your brother have a problem with her staying home?
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Some how you've got to let it go and let them deal with their own life. It's terribly hard to do. I know. Only because I tend to be a bit judgemental myself, it seems like you flat don't like her because you think she is dumb or trashy or something. I am struggling with those feelings about 1 particular person but I am learning to let it go. It may be easier for me though because this person is not in my face so I have to look at her and know what she's doing.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I know what you mean. My SIL is lazy. She drives me nuts how she raises her children. But I just try to keep my nose out of it because she is th parent and I just tell my kids not to learn from their cousins. And I never let my kids go over there alone.
    MomX3LJC

Answer by MomX3LJC at 11:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2010