Did anyone watch the life stories of Barack Obama and John McCain on BIO?

I have to admit, before watching Obama's biography I was a bit apprehensive about him. Now I'm not so uneasy. I am still a Republican, though. I do not agree with Democratic opinions but I am not uneasy about Obama possibly winning this election anymore. If you watched, what did YOU think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• John McCain's story made me cry. My husband is a soldier and it's so scary to thing of that happening to him. Being a POW is, IMO, the worst thing that a military person could go through. I don't agree with the fact that he cheated on his wife, but I do appreciate a person that learns from their mistakes. I DO question why he chose very attractive Sarah Palin for his VP, though.

WOW, Cindy McCain was gorgeous!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I didn't even know about it. Ugh...I would have loved to of seen this. I will have to check for re-air dates.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• think*

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think that I can relate better to the McCains. They have real problems that they have gotten through as a family. They have had struggles. I believe that McCain and his whole political party represent how people REALLY are. NOBODY IS PERFECT. Obama just seemed so...sheltered and inexpierenced. Being sheltered and inexperienced is NOT a bad thing. I would just rather see a more well-rounded and weathered individual take office. ESPECIALLY somebody with military expierence at a time like this.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think it's unfair that Sarah Palin has been criticized so much for lack of inexpierence when Obama hasn't had much more than she has and he is running for president.

SophiasMommie9

Answer by SophiasMommie9 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes, I watched both and I respect both men for what they have gone through in their lives. I do have a bit more respect for Obama because it seems that he is really there for the people and has a bit more care for others than just himself. McCain seems a little selfish and out of touch with the "REAL WORLD" it seems that he's been living in his own little world. I didn't like the fact that he would rather go out and party and pick up girls then to study his lessons, which almost resulted in his death because he went our drinking instead of reading his manual on how to eject his seat and almost died from it. I deffinately think that Obama has more common sense. McCain said that he wouldn't even meet with the president of Spain, c'mon, Spain is our nato ali. I think that he didn't even know that because he just wants to do what he wants to do and doesn't think of others and certainly does not like to study anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• to anon. This is a question about whether or not th bio channel swayed your opinion....did you miss that part?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• McCain is just another patsy for the big corporations to tell him what to do to bennifit them, just like Bush. We don't need another dummy in the white house! We need someone who will turn down the decision making of the corporate world and do what is right for the people of this country. ALL THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY - NOT JUST THE TOP 3% !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE...learn to read.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• anonymous 8:35 did you read my answer? Well if you did then you will notice that I did answer the question. Maybe you're just moving a little slow, let me say this in simple terms for you to understand. I DID WATCH BOTH ! I HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR OBAMA AS A RESULT ! AND IT MADE ME THINK THAT MCCAIN IS EVEN MORE SELFISH AND STUPID THEN I EVER THOUGHT BEFORE ! DID YOU GET IT THIS TIME? IF NOT LET ME KNOW AND MAYBE I CAN BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU A LITTLE BETTER .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2008