My neighbor came over with her tiny dog (1 year old) and the dog

was stung 3 times by bees in my yard. She put the dog in the bath immediately and going to bring the dog to the vet. Would you pay for the vet bill?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• nooo... I believe there are alot of situations where a neighbor or a friend should pay for a vet bill... but this time i dont believe so...unless you were "dogsitting" ?

I mean if you have some extra money you could offer to pay half or something...but other than that YOu are not liable to pay ... it isnt your fault that there are bees in your yard..... and if she is there, the dog is still in her care

Answer by glamomomo at 11:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• no
    she brought dog over
    and you are not responsbile for BEES

NO, you do not pay for that

Answer by fiatpax at 11:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Of course not. How are you supposed to control bees? They could have gotten stung in her yard just as easily.

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Nope.

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• no!!!! They r not your bees!!!!

Answer by dancer at 11:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• um no ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No as it is not your fault her dog was stung- it was a freak accident that could have happened anywhere (like her own yard, at the park...).

Answer by MizLee at 11:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No, but I would call and ask about the dog. I might even buy the dog a cute toy or bone.

Answer by mompam at 11:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No. Did she ask you to? It is not like you maliciously turned bees loose on her dog

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No, because I wouldn't take the dog to the vet. I would call the vet and ask how much benedryl to give the dog, but unless the dog was having a serious reaction, I wouldn't go to the vet. My dog was stung by yellow jackets in my backyard and her whole face was swollen. I just kept an eye on her and it went down after a couple hours.

Answer by Christina807 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010