PCOS medication question...

What medicine for PCOS will help with weightloss the most?.... I dont want anymore kids and my husband is getting a vesectomy, so that isnt a worry. I havent had my period in almost a year and since then I have gained weight - almost all of it in my stomach... I have been trying to lose weight and it doesnt seem to work...I also have ALOT of hair growth and I have pretty much every symptom...I just basically want to know what medication will help the most ...and I can get more info on it before I go to my Drs...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• I don't know about meds to treat PCOS and aid in weight loss but when I switched to a lo-carb diet, I lost 50+ pounds without even trying and my PCOS symptoms were greatly improved.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have been ready to scream and I've cried and everything else trying to get a Dr. to help me! BUT my diligence has paid off.  I started taking Chromium Picolinate (I like GNC's the best). Within 1 month my periods were totally normal.  I'd virtually never had a period without some sort of hormone intervention.  I don't take the chromium picolinate as regular as I did but my periods are still consistent.  I technically should get back on schedule with it.  My fat accumilates in my belly area too.  Eat virtually no carbs.  It's the only way I've ever lost my belly fat.  No sugar, pasta, cereal, rice, anything of that sort.  It's hard to avoid those things but what's it worth to you?  The BIGGEST and most esteem damaging thing for me was the hair growth.  I have been taking Spironolactone for about a year now.  I have about a 90% reduction in the hair. pm me for more

RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 24, 2010