wedding regrets?

Im thinking of just going to the town hall and getting married no big ceremony or what not because right now with 3 kids and one on the way we simply cant afford the big dream wedding .. any thoughts?

Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Asked by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 11:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should do whatever makes you happy. I have a lot of regrets about my wedding because I let someone take control and it made me miserabe.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• a wedding is just a wedding.... its the marriage that's the important thing!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just go with your heart, We got married at Gretna Green (Scotland, UK!) just the 2 of us and we loved it! It was what we wanted and our families were happy if we were. GL hun x
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 11:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't have wedding regrets but if I could go back and do it all over again, I would do away with all of it (I had a traditional wedding in a church with reception afterwards) and get married by a justice of the peace and head out to a honeymoon and maybe have a party with close friends and family when we returned. My wedding was beautiful but it had absolutely nothing to do with me and my husband and more to do with his parents and mine since it was the first wedding for both sides of the family.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Almost 7 years ago I had a courthouse wedding and have never regretted it! It's not the wedding that's important, it's the marriage! :)
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think if it is what you want, then you should do it!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Whatever toots your tootie. You don't need a wedding to say I Do to the one you love.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We didn't get the wedding we wanted... But we are planning on renewing our vows for 10 or 15 years and we'll have our big wedding then...

For me, the wedding is the most important part of the marriage, because frankly, the marriage is just a piece of paper - a legal document - and has no bearing on our relationship. The wedding on the other hand is our announcement of our love to the world and it should be perfect... So, we're just gonna have a second one, so we can get it right!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i have been with my boyfriend for 11 years 4 kids mine his and ours and been engaged for 6 years, now is the question hes been wanting to go get married up at the justice of the peace which im happy with, so hopefully soon we will be gettn married, i dont want a big wedding, i think its a waste of money and then you could have a bbq or something later on in your yard,,
    momupnorth

Answer by momupnorth at 11:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I never wanted a big wedding. It was me, dh and sd. We had to have 2 adult witnesses so we asked our next door neighbors to take photos and sign the license. There were 3 lines so sd signed, too. Sd was also the maid of honor and the flower girl... It was perfect for us!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2010