Which do you think is more important the amount of time you spend with your kids

in general or the amount of QUALITY time you spend with your kids?

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Quality. Sitting with them all day and achieving nothing can't be as good as 15 minutes here and there where you focus completely on them and they learn from you and you from them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• The amount of quality time is more important.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Both.. I think the most important thing in a child's life is the time they spend with parents. They learn everything they know from them..♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:35 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd say both. I like to spend a large quantity of quality time with my child.:)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• This question is funny to me because when I was home with my kids 24/7 it was always quality time. Everyday there was something new to teach them and I did have fun doing that. It did keep me smart.
    Never sat them in front of the T.V. and did nothing that would be wrong.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• for me sometimes it's both...

sometimes we can just lay on the grass and watch the clouds go by hardly saying anything, but we are still bonding. Other times we cuddle and hug and talk, still bonding, sometimes only lasting 10 minutes either way those moments are a gift and special.

I want our quality time to be special,unplanned with out stress or pressure. If it lasts 5 minutes with both of us talking or an hour with neither of us hardly saying anything. either way it is quality time. Sometimes quality times lasts long enough for a quick hug and a kiss while other times it is shared over a boo boo and just talking.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Quality time, I know we all have other jobs to do but just sitting down with them for ten minutes and listening to them means the world to them
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 11:37 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'm going to go with quality - even if someone is with their kids 24/7, if they've just plunked the kids in front of the tv or never interact with the kids, is that really better than someone who spends less time with their kids but spends that time fully engaged with them? Of course the more quality time the better, but I usually go with quality over quantity in most things.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think quanity outweighs quality anyday... My ex thinks taking them and spending money on them somewhere fun, buying them junk, and just being a disney Dad is better than them being at home with me, helping with the yard, cleaning their room, doing chores, or just hanging out at home. I have made a vow to our children when they were born, and it was to be there for them no matter what... That amusement park, mall, and gocart track will be there no matter what... I may not, so I want them to learn to be responsibile little people while I have the chance.
    I think some people confuse what quality really means, with thinking they have to give their children stuff, and take them places, so they will love them more....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think that kids learn from everything they do in a day and that it's important to be there for all of it. So much of what they learn is from repetition and consistence, you can't have as big an impact in short spurts. So, I say quantity.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010