Neighbor's dog UPDATE

So I did call the police (sheriff because I am int he county jurisdiction) and they said they can't do anything because dogs aren't on the noise ordinance..so I called Aninmal Control...they can't do anything for the same reason! SO both basically said sorry you are out of luck. But when I am over there in their yard with a bat like a crazy person because his stupid dog has kept me awake every night the cops will get called on ME and I will be the ONE in trouble, that is backwards!!! So my brother is a cop and said to go to the county board of commissioners..so I am calling there today to find out when their next meeting is so I can go. If I have to go to every house in the stinking neighborhood for miles I will and get a petition signed and then take it with me. This is ridiculous. Any more suggestions will be WELCOMED!

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 8:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pets

• You are allowed by law in most places to kill anything that threatens your safety or property IF it comes onto your property. I learned this when dealing with the neighbors dog. If it crosses the property line, you can kill it legally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yeah but I don't want to kill anything. I have 3 dogs myself (inside) and I love animals. Its not the dogs fault.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• to anonymous ,geesh kill the dog because it barks omg you need help!!!!!

Any way Hayley is the dog being taken care of? Water and food for them at all times? If not call animal control about neglect?
    tabbers133

Answer by tabbers133 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oh my, I wrote to you before. I am wondering what the dog barks at . Is it stray cats? Or other animals that are near the ffencce. You said you live in the country, and maybe something is always there in the night that he is sounding off on. Does the dog ever go inside or is he a out door dog tied to something? My neighbors have dogs they keep outside. Everynight the cats come out to play. They go to the dogs back yard and walk the ffence line and make them bark!!! And it is always at the same time. 3 am...lol So now my husband has been getting up and turning the hose on the cats to run them off and the dogs stop barking...Ch it out if you can and maybe youcan find a remedy for the barking.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• im outside city limits as well, and still had the fucking cops called on me for noise violation. and there is no cerfew outside city limits! so WTF is up w that!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think the curfews and noise ordinances are often separate issues, i;m not sure though.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 4:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008