A woman put her neighbor's cat in a garbarge bin in the UK. What would you do if that happened on your street? Would you leave it to the police?

The cat is fine now, but this story makes me think of the phrase "crazy cat lady" differently.

Read the full story.

Cafe Meghan

Asked by Cafe Meghan at 11:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Its disgraceful! I would confront her, no animal deserves that whether you are an animal lover or not!
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 11:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• What was the cat doing? I'm an animal lover, but I respect that not everyone is. I have 5 pets.
    What I'm getting at is this: My neighbors cat was sitting on my brand new car, it panicked when I walked towards him, slid down the side of my car leaving deep scratches that I had to pay $60 to remove!! I felt like throwing him in a dumpster! Would I do it, NO! But we will be trapping cats and taking them to the animal shelter if they continue to crap and pee in my vegetable garden that my kids are working in. People need to be responsible with their pets.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I probably wouldn't have even thought to call the police. I would have helped the cat and of course had I seen the woman do it I would most definitely confront her. That's awful.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• maybe she was allergic

CarolHealy

Answer by CarolHealy at 11:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• that was awful of the woman to put the cat in the trash bin!

why can't pet owners keep up with their pets instead of letting them roam around pestering others though?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd have it out with her, and tell the cat's owners what she did-- and leave it up to them if they wanted to call the police on her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• According to the article, the woman pet the cat for a while and then put it is the garbage can and closed the lid- weird!

cat

Cafe Meghan

Comment by Cafe Meghan (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would honestly report her and persue her to get into serious trouble..no matter what that animal has done to her it is and will always be an innocent animal..if its owners are sorry and dont watch and tend to it thats not the cats fault...apparently the cat was friendly if she was able to put it in a trash can..most you try to rip your skin off if they didnt know you or felt a threat...shame on her
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2010