SIL causing problems...

My SIL hates me. I have never gave her a reason to and even now, when she is nasty to me, I am still nice to her because I dont want to cause problems. She is the ONLY one in the family to not like me

SIL has an account on here ( and myspace, facebook, etc) and I found out she makes almost daily posts about how awful I am. She says I am using my husband so I dont have to work ( I am a stay at home mom to a 4 year old and twin 2 year olds). We got married and PLANNED to have kids and for me to stay home with them, he does have a very good job, but we stay on a budget and most of it is saved. My kids are very smart, well behaved, and they and our home is very well taken care of.

She has said my husband needs to leave me, get full custody, and then hire a nanny and maid ( like paying people to do it makes so much more sense that to have a loving mother around who LIKES to do those things).........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I'm sorry :-( that's a real downer. Have you talked to your husband about it? Maybe he needs to say something to her.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Honestly, if I were you, SIL or not, I would tell her to mind her own damn business!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You're the one who is married. She apparently is unhappy with her own life and that is why she has to poke her nose in yours... Ignore her, love your children and your husband and just know she's only the sister... Don't let her bring you down it isn't worth it.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• As long as she is not influencing your husband or the rest of the family, I'd ignore her. She sounds jealous, to be honest, and no matter what you do, you aren't going to change her ways. Just keep being yourself and don't let her make you bitter. Don't give her any power over you by letting her behavior influence yours.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• She seriously needs to get a life of her own.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• sounds like jealousy

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Call her out on it. You don't want to cause problems but your husband is probably already aware of what's going on. Standing up for yourself is the best option. Personally I'd tell her where to stick it, but that's not very nice. So.. call her out and ask her what the problem is, Maybe you'll be surprised by the answer, it's possible something small offended her and she's blown it way out of control. You won't know until you ask though. Good Luck!
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 11:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Wow. It sounds like she has some SERIOUS issues she needs to get over. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sounds like she is jealous!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:56 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Im sorry you are having to deal with someone like this. It does sound like she has some major jealousy issues. I wouldnt give her the satisfaction of reading one word she posts about you. How does your husband feel about this I think your husband should have some words with her since its his sister.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010