My stepdaughter is 3 and my son is 10 months. The other day I caught her walking on his legs like he was some kind of step stool. Is there something wrong with this girl? what do I do? I mean I only was turned away for a minute and when I turned around.....I caught her.

Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds a bit like jealousy. My son did things like that to my daughter when she was little. He went from being the baby to having to share the attention.

I'm sure if you try to spend some extra time with her and tell her how "big she is" and spoil her with compliments for awhile, she'll stop doing that. She just wants to know she's still important. Good luck!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sometimes older siblings have jealousy issues. Other times they just don't realize how fragile and sensitive little ones can be. Explain this to her and ask her if she really would want to hurt her brother. Deal with her reaction from there. Good luck.
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't think 3 is old enough to know what hurts and doesn't. I've seen my friend who has a 3 year old and just got a baby brother and big brother stepped on him. Mother(my friend) explained him that it hurts the baby, and he understood. When it happened, he was bit over 3. I know he never did it again. You just have to explain it to your stepdaughter. Calmly, that is. I know 3 looks so much older than your 10 months old baby, but they still need lots and lots of guidance. Good luck.
    Meachan

Answer by Meachan at 11:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• its normal jealousyt when ihad my daughter my six year old son shook her in her bouncy seat. she's too young for ocunseling but trust me.... its normal. you juat might not wanna leave her alone withhim anymore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My kids walk on top of our mine field of toys like they cant see them. And us anything even a book to try to reach things. I think its normal behavior, I try to leave my babies on the floor with out being right next to them. Their sisters will stampede them to get to the otherside with out thinking about hurting the babies.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yes very normal - if they dont know NOT to do something they will do it! -
    of course if she continues to hurt him ask her why she does it
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008