I know everyone hates UGGS but I want to buy my first pair and most likely online. Do they run big, are the high ones big on the calf? any suggestions?

CrystalMarie83

Asked by CrystalMarie83 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm interested in buying my first pair too. They look so comfy and I spend a lot of time in hockey rinks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No
    SiriSilasMom

Answer by SiriSilasMom at 12:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Why do you think eveyone hates Uggs? LOL. I love Uggs but I just don't want to spend that much money for BOOTS!!! So, tell us why you think "Everyone" hates Uggs?????
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have a pair of UGG type boots I purchased from Bass Pro, and they are amazing. (my sister bought a pair of authentic UGGS and mine are warmer and of higher quality IMHO) The ones from Bass Pro, run small. I usually wear an 8.5 or 9 and I wear an 8 in them. They are real sheepskin inners and are very nice quality suede on the outside. I cant find them on the website, but they are natural reflection brand. I think They were $134. They are larger around the opening than UGGS
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• lol @ siri

umm gertie - are u offended? LOL its a question about boots and most ppl i come across do hate them bc they are ugly!

thanks crunchy that was really helpful
    CrystalMarie83

Comment by CrystalMarie83 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I bought a pair of boots that were the Best Friend brand (or maybe it's Old Friend?). Anyway, they are the best for winter, so warm, dry and comfy and you can wear no socks which I love. I am on my fourth pair. Anyway, because of the lining you need to buy them a little small because after you wear them a bit that lining kind of mats down some. So if the boots are roomy to begin with, once the lining mats they can be too big. Also, make sure to spray them with water proofing spray before you wear them as it really extends the life. Enjoy them!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• DWS or amazon carrys them. I think uggs are ugly and I would not spend that much money on a pair of shoes or boots. I will stick to my wanna be uggs from target that were 40.00.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• you can find them on ebay too
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I love them too. I will probably spend the money to get a good pair this year. Sorry, I don't know the sizing part though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010