Do you think when the mosque is done being built....

they will get terrorized by the people who were against it? I keep having this feeling in my gut, that if it gets built, that they will experience even more hate crime. There are so many haters against the Muslim religion & against this community center, that I wouldn't be surprised if some radical Muslim haters went a little over board.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Probably. And the haters will think its ok to terrorize them and totally miss the ironic aspect of it too......

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes I believe the protesters are going to produce some major hate crimes at the very least. If I was a Muslim I wouldn't step foot in the building. Those haters are sceery.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 12:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• butterfly i am afraid you are right. They will continue to harass and terrorize the people there and not see that their actions are no better than that which they claim to hate. I really am afraid tho, that at some point that mosque will literally come under fire. someone will shoot at it, bomb it, set it on fire...something really bad.:(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes I think that is to be expected. ugh what a slap in the face.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Of course it will - the hypocrites outnumber the Muslims 2 to 1 and so does their "fringe" element that will blow things up and then suddenly will no longer be part of the group or represent everyone else. Kind of like how all terrorists are Muslim, but the klan and westboro are mysteriously not Christian anymore as soon as they're pointed out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think the same thing. Many people feel VERY strongly against it and those are the people who will likely take care of the "problem" themselves.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i don't think it's going to happen after it's built. i think it's going to happen while it's being built.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'm sure someone will... And hopefully they bust the assholes that do it and treat them as terrorists should be treated!

Although I think once it's up and open, people will start to understand that it's NOT a MOSQUE! It's similar to a YMCA except that it's for Muslims instead of Christians - which is what the Y was when it opened... There is already a number of these through the US, and NYC has a Jewish version of this already, which most people don't even notice...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would assume it would be a bad time... I have been thinking that same thing sadly. :(

In my imagaination I see something along th elines of abortion protesters multiplied by thousands.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You are having a low-level premonition. Not that it takes any psychic powers to know what is coming. Yes, they will build it anyway. Our constitution gives them that right and the only sensibilities that the muslims care about is their own. I had a dream of the building going up in smoke and flames and the impression that it won't be there very long. If it was a precognitive dream, it will happen. If it was just a dream coming from my own feelings of anger, it won't. There's always a fifty-fifty chance that the things that we fear MIGHT happen, will happen. But we'll all have to wait and see on this one. Karma has a way of levelling the playing field.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010