What would you do to spruce up this room?

I just added the center piece yesterday but it's a little bland still...

dining room

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 12:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Paint the walls red and spray paint the metal on the chandelier black. Hang 2 pictures on either side of the mirror
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• what about color ties around the top of the chairs or some sort of color on the wall?
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Paint! Maybe all the walls taupe and the wall with the mirror red. Get a colorful centerpiece for the table.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• COLOR! Red would look good with the silver. How about a bright lithograph print for the wall?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If you're not going to put any color on the walls, then I'd consider a piece of art with some color instead of the mirror. Is there a rug under the table? If not, that may be another way to add a pop of color. I think that's what's missing here, at least what I can see from the photo.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would put in some live plants, like ivy or something in nice pots.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Paint just above the chair rail a darker color. Can be tan, red, blue but keep the colors smokey, not bright. You can add more pictures, or an area rug under the table.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• haha the color is one my husband picked- its called river reed... a pale grey green... I wanted a darker green in the same shade...
    we did add crown molding...
    Don't have any kind of window dressing yet either... its a big double window with an arched top...
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Color! Paint the wall in an accent color the mirror is hanging on and get two other color prints - it will make the room pop.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• nothing...maybe a corner cabinet if your don't already have one..i can't see the corner.. put some colorful trinkets in it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010