Is it normal to have severe pain during the last four weeks?

I know every pregnancy is different (my first two werent painful at all) but this is starting to worry me. Throughout the day I get severe pains but it varies like sometimes itll be my lower back starting to hurt or my hips or my abdomen. No matter how I lay or change positions it doesnt get better (I cant breath laying on my back) and itll last about 2 hours, sometimes a little more. I was scheduled to go to my doctors app today but my sitter cancelled and I cant go ask my doctor. I had to reschedule to Friday. So any thoughts on what's going on? or is it normal?

ShadowXX

Asked by ShadowXX at 12:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be your hips and pelvis spreading. In the last trimester and especially in the last weeks of pregnancy your body releases a hormone called Relaxin that helps to loosen up all your joints so things "spread" during delivery.
    I would definitely call and speak with your care provider.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Doesn't sound normal to me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Honey if I could not go see my doctor, I would call and ask to speak to a nurse. Severe pain is not normal under any circumstance. I would be contacting someone!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It could be pressure from your unborn baby pushing down on everything.. I experienced severe pain during the last month of pregnancy with my first daughter. It got so bad that I was having to take Percocets to help relieve the pain. Call your doctor's office and explain to them what is going on and see what they say. I wouldn't rush to the doctor without calling first though.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010