Can we get some type of system that MAKES ladies close their OLD questions?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 12:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Well despite not having put it in the right place. I would have to second that. It is so hard to wade through old question and here is not reason for them to be kept on for so long. There should be a shelf life, two weeks and then gone. Something to that effect.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• That would be nice....

Answer by older at 12:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• they won't do it because the mom may still be looking for advice, other moms can learn from advice already posted and/or they have not found a "Best Answer" yet. In the games sections though - they should be closed when possible (for example the 50 bump questions have to stay open till they get 50 bumps but the BA ones should be closed as soon as possible)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• LMAO. I was SUPPOSED to post this on About CafeMom geez, ladies please recategorized this.

cynprz

Comment by cynprz (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I understand they want to still get advice on it, but if you aren't keeping up with it and it's behind 12 pages ago no one is going to answer them lol. They don't HAVE to find a best answer just pick the first one and close them.
    cynprz

Comment by cynprz (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We would gladly close our questions if it allowed us to do so without awarding a best answer. Depending on the nature of the question, there might not be a best answer. For example, questions that ask if you heard of something (a company, movie, ect) or questions that ask you to state your view on something. Those types of questions have no right or wrong answer so no one's opinion is better or worse than anyone else's.

Also, sometimes I post questions and all the answers I get aren't helpful or are down right sarcastic. I'm not going to close a question and award someone 10 points if they don't deserve those 10 points.

If you force people to close questions, I can guarantee you there will be a lot less women posting in Answers.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010