which do you do or prefer online or classroom courses and please give me your pros and cons and if taken both what you noticed about the both while dealing with your reg. homelife

concentration level with both is one more convient for you , answer from you or others you know personal experience, was there distractions

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 12:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in

• I've taken both. I don't like online courses, I rather learn by listening than by reading and I like to have discusions with my classmates and professers. I feel like I'm alone is online classes and it's hard to stay motivated, I procratinate because I can take the class whenever I want
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I like both, but I have social anxiety so I prefer to be in the comfort of my own home. There are more distractions at home because of my daughter, but I did most of my work after she went to bed. I do like being in a classroom though, other people ask questions, and you feel like you aren't alone if you don't understand something.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 12:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I prefer the classroom courses
    Marina L.

Answer by Marina L. at 12:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I recently finished my Master's degree online. I loved it- though it was very intense and you had to keep yourself on the ball. I could see where you could easily become overwhelmed. Though I continued uninterrupted during surgery, vacations, motherhood and a whole lot of other things life threw at me. :-) I wouldn't have been able to finish as I had in a regular school system considering a few of my life demands along the way.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I like both
    Dina L.

Answer by Dina L. at 12:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I like both. I like online because I can pace myself throughout the week based on what our family's schedule is like, and I can submit assignments any time of day or night. Being able to submit something at 9 pm on a Sunday has come in handy many times. The downside is I have to make sure I have everything needed written in my planner so I don't forget something because there isn't an instructor breathing down everyone's neck to remind them that something crucial is due soon.

I love classroom classes. Having a reason to get dressed and out of the house is great, even if its not for something 'fun'. I actually enjoy taking notes and listening to interesting lectures, but the downside is sometimes its boring and I get easily distracted by those around me. Parking on campus is a pain in the butt as well.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• There are easily 3x as many students as there are spaces, especially during the first 3 weeks of a semester with everyone trying to get into classes they're waitlisted for, or those trying to crash a course because the waitlist has been filled.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Online for gen ed courses, in person for specialized one relating directly to your major. The mix of skill levels in gen ed classes is pretty severe. For every person who gets it on the first try, there will be someone who can barely form a complete sentence trying to muddle through it - the gen ed classes are partly designed to weed those people out. If you do those online, you don't have to actually interact with those people, and chances are greatly reduced that you'll be forced to do a group project with them (there are far fewer of those online than in person) and see your grade lowered because they wouldn't stop playing xbox long enough to do their part of the assignment. That's not to say you won't get stuck with any slackers in the specialized classes, there will just be fewer of them to go around.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• with both there was still work to be done at home, but my B&M class last time had a soft touch for the teacher and you could get much of the weeks work done in class. I had one online teacher who was AWESOME, organized and responsive. Another was a complete ass, his syllabus was a headache inducing mess and his response to questions about his requirements were answered with a snotty and dismissive "you need to read the syllabus". uh, no, you need to read my email, because in it I stated that I'd be OVER the syllabus several times and still had questions.

the online was nice because you could use your time efficiently

this is the first time I'll be taking challenging classes on campus, last semester it was only Peachtree.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I prefer online because it fits with my schedule. Plus I can still travel if I want to. And going to school when you're still in your PJs- that's the greatest.

The down side- sometimes the teachers think that online means they don't have to teach. That sucks. Thankfully I've only ran into one of them. Also you have to keep careful track of when things are due etc. I also think you miss out a little on socializing and making friends.

Just my 2 cents =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

Next question in
How?

Next question overall (Relationships)
What to do if you don't love your husband anymore?