What to do if your husband doesn't feel responsibility to earn money for family?

Is it enough reason to leave him? I think If he can't maybe it is my task. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Does he refuse to work or just not make enough to support the family?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Can you explain more.. ?
    Does he expect you to work?
    Did he offer to stay home and watch the children & clean & cook?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Is he going to step up and do all the child care and housework if you work outside the home? If he feels he can just sit on his ass and put the kids in daycare,then I'd leave him. If he becomes a SAHD,then fine,but I wouldn't put up with a deadbeat that plays video games all day or something.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I wouldnt leave him, if he is going to stay home with the kids then you could get a job.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Been there kinda. Don't pay his cable and stuff
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I agree need more details. Does he watch the kids? Does he help clean the house and cook, and run errands? Or does he sit on his butt all day?
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You could make an arrangement where he stayed home and you went to work. Or he could work part time. Does he just not want to work or is it thatr he just dosent want to support the family? If my dh came home today and said I dont want to support you and the kids anymore I of course would get a job but probably would lose alot of respect for him in the process. I know though my husband wouldnt want to be at home with my 2 year old all day while I worked.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Either tell husband to get a job or find a new husband. Regardless of what you may have heard I don't believe all kinds of misery enjoys all kinds if company. I mean what's the point of him being there if he refuses to help financially. You can't pay the utilities or house notes with love.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Do you have a job that would make more income than he would so he doesn't feel he needs to? Does he want to take on all the responsiblitys of a SAHD or is he just lazy?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Just me, but I don't know if I would want to be with a man that refused to work. I don't necessarily think that men can't be SAHD's, but for me that is different too, lol. I guess I am old school. I feel like it is a man's responsibility to work and support his family. If a woman chooses to or needs to work fine, but men just should, lol. I know it is unfair (my views I mean), but I guess that goes back to the way I was raised to believe.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010