I am 14 weeks pregnant.. And I just fell down 2 stairs and have seriously sprained my ankle...

My doctors say I can wait till my thursday appointment to come in and find out if there is any problems now due to having fallen on my stomach.. Plus they said even if there was... that there is VERY LITTLE they could do since the baby wouldn't be viable outside the womb.. I hate how cold they are about all this. I can understand them not being so emotionally involved as I am.. since it isn't their baby.. BUT DAMN! I just can't see how they think it is ok to act like there is no big deal. I mean I did fall litterally on my stomach and chest.. I AM NOT FEELING ANY BELLY PAINS.. NOR AM I BLEADING.. But they are acting like.. OH NO BIG DEAL.. Am I getting too emotional or am I reacting ok? please tell me cause with my hormones I can't tell sometimes!

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Um... yeah your OB is a piece of shit. I fell once at about 20 weeks and as soon as I called and told the nurse, she didn't even ask the doctor if he wanted to see me. She just said, "Come in right now and we'll do an ultrasound" I didn't even have to wait in the waiting room. As soon as I got there, they took me back. Go to the ER or urgent care, for the sake of your baby!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Go get checked at immediate care

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Um I would be PISSED and FREAKING! Go to the Er and make sure everything is okay. Demand an ultrasound!

I truly hope everything is okay. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't know I would find that a little offensive, but then I'm not really a good none emotional source of response since I too am pregnant lol. But when I went to my first OB appointment they said that if I was ever worried about the baby to call and they would fit in an appointment for me to check on the baby. I think it's the nicest thing to do is be willing and able to check on the baby for you. Even if there is nothing they can do for the baby there is something they can do for you! You stressing isn't helping your baby out any. Good luck!
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010