Can you love two people at a time?

This question came up on some morning talk show a few days ago... For me, I don't see how there is a limit on how much someone can love, or how many people someone can love. But some of the people on the show felt differently...

What do you think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Love more than one person romantically-- I dont think so.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sure you can. I love my Dd, my mom, my siblings, my close friends, my Dh. You can love a ton of people :)
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 1:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think some people convince themselves that they can. Sometimes what people think is love really isn't either. But I don't know everything! Never been there I guess.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• There are different kinds of love. There's love for family and love for friends and neighbors. There is love for our husbands, and that kind is limited to one person. It's a much more encompassing love than the others and it involves committment to the one person, and you cannot be wholly committed to more than one man.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I can't.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think you can
    rmarina45

Answer by rmarina45 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I didn't mean moms, siblings, kids kind of love... But romantic love love... I guess there is some movie coming out where the woman is married and in love w/her husband and then meets a new man on vacation and falls for him... And she still loves her DH...

That's the kind of love I mean.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think you can, maybe not the same level, but nevertheless, you can care very much for two different men.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes I do believe you can.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't believe you can romantically be in love with two people at once.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2010