Have you ever had any numb

toes? My 10 toes have been numb for abt 2 yrs or so. My Dr took nerve or muscle tests in my legs which were ok. Then I finally had back surgery and that was the culprit, a very bad 4th & 5th lumbar problem, w/a very bad pinched nerve. Anyway, I'm now told maybe 1 yr or so to get any feeling back. Has anyone ever had this in their toes? It really is a very odd sensation.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• both my dad and i have numb toes....his was because of polycystic kidney disease...he's now on dialysis....it's genetic so i thought maybe that was the reason mine were numb too....but i tested negative, thank goodness....but that doesn't give me any answers to my numb toes, lol ! and no i don't have diabetes either....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Not in my toes but the bottom of my feet. Especially the heels. I have diabetic neuropathies. Not only is it numb at times..other times it's incredibly painful. Talk about sucky sensation. Hope you have returned sensation.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was going to say go get your sugar checked. That's usually a sign of diabetes. I also have the burning of my feet as well. Ask your Dr to order a blood test for that just to be sure.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No but here is to hoping you get the feeling back in your toes!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I've had blood work and no diabetes. I have had kidney stone 2 x lately and a small cyst on my kidney, hope I'm not getting any kidney problems. Thanks for your suggestions though.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010