clothing size

okay my son is 8 monthsld and can wear 12 months...one of my friends gave me a bunch of winter clothes size 12 mos. i was just wonderin if he would just get taller and slimmer so he can wear these clothes!! lol does anyone think he will be able to wear them in like 2 months??

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure. My daughter has always had her age and size pretty much match. She's almost two and this has been the case her whole life. Babies do grow the fastest in their first year of life. Even if he does fit into them in two months, he probably won't fit into them by the end of winter.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• depends on how fast he really grow over the next couple of months :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• That really depends on your kid. Once my son hit 12 mo size he stopped growing soo fast and evened out until he was a year old. Then he started growing again, but not too fast. My daughter is in 12 mo clothing now at 9 months and I don't see her lasting in that size for long.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It depends on how fast your child grows. My oldest was usually 1 size ahead, my middle was the 'chunky' one and he was at least 2 sizes ahead, where my 3rd was actually in the size listed for his age.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Probably not. My kids were mostly in 18 - 24 months at a year. Can you exchange them, or are they hand-me-downs? If you can return them, I would definitely get a bigger size.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My son wqs wearing 12 month at 9 months and hes almost 14 months and can still wear it. He is 92nd percentile for his height, and 40th for his weight. Hess tall and lean..lol..Hes about to swirch to 18 month in less than a month id say, but they 12 month lasted him 5 months.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010