Baby got shots on Monday and hasn't really slept since then...

she's just being a... excuse the term... little bitch. She screams no matter what I do, refuses to eat unless she's starving and then goes to sleep for 15-30 minutes just to start the process all over again. I'm at my wits end and i really want to just drop her off at a hospital or church and say that's it you broke me, I don't want you any more. Her dad might be able to help but he's too busy partying at his friends house... he's been gone since tuesday night and he knows all about the situation and doesn't care to come home and help. I refuse to take her over there and just say "Okay it's your turn" because his friend smokes cigs and weed in the house. What can i do to not kill myself and my baby? I've tried the setting her down bullshit, swadding, baths, and everything else I can think of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Okay, this could be any number of things...

If she got the shots on Monday it could be a reaction to them but this sounds like more. I hate to say it but IF it's caused by the vaccination like you seem to be guessing it could be permanent! A change in temperament or personality is sometimes the first sign of real chemical damage.

My advice to you is put her in the play pen or crib, give her some toys and let her cry. I know it sounds harsh. But if you are really that stressed you need to calm down! The baby will pickup on your stress and it will effect her actions making her more disagreeable! If you feel it's harsh then just take some time for yourself when she is asleep... Have some tea and a bubble bath... Ignore the house and laundry and just relax for 5 mins!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• As for the daddy! I hear you there! My husband did the same thing. If you want the story PM me. But in short things had to change... If he is using drugs or drinking you don't really want him "caring" for your baby anyway! It may take your going over there (more than once) to shock him in to helping you. He needs to understand that this is his child as much as yours and you need help... Go get him!