How Heavy is normal

I am 31 and my periods keep getting worse. I had two miscarried pregnancies last year and I am wondering what is the "norm".
While standing at my sons bus stop yesterday I had to run home because I had a huge gush of blood and went right through an ultra heavy pad. it was bad and SUPER embarassing. I am pretty sure no one saw but I am wondering if something is wrong.

What do we think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Health

• There is a medical term for heavy periods. There is treatment for it too. However, it isn't life threatening. If you are soaking through a pad per hour I'd go to a hospital ASAP. But I did deal with this issue myself. If you are done having kids they can perform the NovaSure procedure which can make you stop periods for good! Many good things I've heard about it!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If you're irregular also, it can be caused by simple over build up of the lining. It's gotta go somewhere. In this particular type of case, the usual course of action is to get on hormone birth control to regulate the cycles.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• after your miscarige did they do a dnc? if not they should have,and if it was me i'd get it checked out,i'm a heavy bleeder also but never through a very thick pad unless it was aready full ,anyway hope this helps.jenna
    jennaweeks

Answer by jennaweeks at 3:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• They don't have to do a DNC for a miscarriage. It's invasive and not neccesary and I highly doubt that after a year that would be the problem. Hope you figure it out girl! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2010