What can I do with my 3 month old when he is awake??? I wnat to play with him but he is not really interested in toys. He loves his swing but I feel guilty putting him in it all of the time. We go for walked and I read to him, but I need some other activities!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sing songs... he'll be more interested in toys next month
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 8:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• oh also, do "work out" sessions with him, him pulling himself up with your fingers, practicing rolling over, and him being on his stomach pushing up and lifting his head
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 9:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Tummy time on a play mat.        Baby massage.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• He will not be interested in toys for a while. Just let him do what he likes. You can help him learn to sit up supported but he is much too you for you to try to teach him to pull up. You can hurt his little legs. Other than that don't feel guilty putting him in his swing. he likes it for now but in a month or so he probably wont.
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• The previous are all good ideas. Get some sing along CDs or a book of finger play songs. The motions you do will entertain him. You can also get some sign languages flash cards (the ones with real photos) and start showing him the pictures, signs, and words for different objects. This is also a great time for you to work out -- prop him up in the bouncer seat and pop in a pilates video for yourself. He'll be mesmerized watching you move! Good luck - I know those early months can get a little lonely and the days can be long. Enjoy them though, they go by fast!!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i sung to my son and we also got a jumperoo which is awesome and our son is 5 months old and still loves it. (the rainforest one is the one we have and its so cute!!) I also layed my son down on a blanket ont he floor on his belly with some toys and played with him like that. I did read though that just like adults, babies need their alone time too so def give him time to just lay there and play by himself too!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2008