Is this too EPIC of a vacation?

My hubby and I live in New Mexico. About every 1-1/2 years he flies to California to visit his best buddy for a weekend or so. A guys vacation! I've never had issue with this, infact i kind of enjoy having the house to myself and the kids. I've never done anything like it myself, simply because I didn't ever really think about it. Until Now! My best-friend/step-mom and i are planning a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise for September 2011. I know i shouldn't feel weird about it, but I do. I really want to go, have a girls va-ca, but I guess I feel bad for doing something the awesome with out my man- even though I know he and I will do Hawaii and Scotland eventually.

Do you consider a girls-only Caribbean cruise an even trade for 5 or 6 California buddy weekends?

CarrieGemenon19

Asked by CarrieGemenon19 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Go and have fun!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes! Enjoy! That's what so many women forget - they forget to go out and have fun as a WOMAN!! To spend time with women friends and "let their hair down". I have a few weekends a year I get to do that with the latest one coming up in October.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Everyone needs to recharge their batteries. There isn't an ussue of tit for tat. Go, recharge, have fun!
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 1:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Totally! You have let him go lots of times, it is your turn. Go and feel no guilt, no matter how he reacts...you need this!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 1:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, definitely. I hope he gets excited for you too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You have NO reason to feel guilty.Talk to your husband and just tell him you need a break and will you please support me in this.If he doesn't ,I would still go.He'll get over it.But lets pray it doesn't go that far Good luck & have fun.I'm sure you deserve it.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Heck yeah! Go have a good time and DON"T feel guilty. Is you hubby giving you a hard time about it?
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Oh no- hubby has been great! I think he is alittle worried about things like me being so far away in case of an emergency, the fact that I am very afraid of the ocean, me getting out at the ports and getting back in time, and mostly that the reason for the cruise is that it's a Multiple Sclerosis convention and he doesn't want me to get depressed by seeing a bunch of folks with chairs, walkers and canes. As far as i know I could have a walker by that time!

I'm just felling guilty cause the nature of the vacation- it's pretty big deal. I'll just have to make sure we go do something really cool together shortly after that.

Thanks ladies for your encouragement!
    CarrieGemenon19

Comment by CarrieGemenon19 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Hell, yes - go, go, go and party hard!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010