skirts only church

I have been considering joining a church that is skirts and dresses only for awhile. I have found one that I would like to join however my question is I have 2 daughters one is 10 and one is 8. Is it fair for me to change them to skirts only since they have known what it is like to wear pants? Also this church does like women to cut their hair either, Which my girls both have long hair anyway so this wouldnt bother them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The words WEIRD and CULT come to mind.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I personally find that too legalistic, but if you are comfortable with it and you don't worry about your kids being made fun of at school then go for it. But I would probably do the skirts only thing only for church since they already like pants. I mean really why make them stop wearing pants. IMHO.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Would this be a lifestyle change or church only? I don't think its fair to expect your daughters to abide by the rules of your church's religion.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think if it is truly was you believe is right, then you should make you daughters wear skirts all the time, not just in the church. It would be a little hypocritical for you to do it only in the church. I don't see anything cultish or wrong about it, it is just a different way of interpreting certain scriptures. I say go for it if it is something you believe in, your daughters are old enough to understand if you explain the reasons why.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I bet your girls are old enough to decide to make the decision for themselves. Ultimately as a Christian parent isn't that the hope we have for our children, 1.) they will choose to love God. 2.) they will make Godly choices. Explain to them what a big deal it is that you are joining the church, and then invite them to participate with you. It will have a more meaning to them if they choose it.

On a side note while I don't necessarily agree with the practice, I understand the thought behind it and I don't think it's weird or a cult.
    chjack123

Answer by chjack123 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'm sure the men would look lovely .... snicker...
    for that matter the men probably would show up to church more often if the females are all wearing skirts. lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sounds like a polygamist sect of a cult if you ask me., If you join you are agreeing to raise your kids in THEIR faith and beliefs of you and this "church" Your kids would have to comply. Its supposed to be a parents obligation (according to the bible) to raise your kids with your beliefs and religion.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You said you are considering joining a church where they were on skirts & dresses...FOR AWHILE! Hhaha. I realize you ment you were trying to say, 'For awhile I've been considering joining a church.....'. Well, either way you want to say it....DON'T!!! Don't make your daughters just wear skirts & dresses, and for God's sake don't make them get thier gorgeous, God given locks cut off, or you either, PLEASE, for some man made doctrine that has NOTHING to do with Christianity and everything to do with STINKING RELIGIOSITY AND LEGALISM AND CONTROL AND MANIPULATION!! We do not live in Jerusalem in the century when Jesus walked this earth! This is a new dispensation, a totally different time and nation and culture! Been down that road with my own daughters years ago. It drove them away from the Lord! But, PTL, they came back and all serve the Lord today!! \o/
    Smiles4U430

Answer by Smiles4U430 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010