How do you do laundry?

How do you stay on top of it? With five of us there are some days I look around the house and wonder if I'm going to end up on an episode of Hoarders or Clean Sweep! So what's your laundry system?

chjack123

Asked by chjack123 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My SO does it.. lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• A few loads a day.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I just make sure I'm on top of it. When the washer is done I try not to wait to change it. I can usually get it all done in one day if I start early.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• same here a few loads a day...its a never ending job
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• This is what I do. We also have 5 people. Every single morning when I go downstairs I throw a load of wash in. I don't separate colors or anything - it all goes in. Then I bring up what is sitting in the drier if needed. When I get home from work I switch wash to the drier. This way I am always on top of it. I never let it pile up. I use dryer sheets to cut down on the wrinkles.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Reluctantly
    CokietheClown

Answer by CokietheClown at 2:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Well with 5 people and 1 in cloth diapers, I have to do at least one load of laundry per day, but usually 2. I do them after 9pm because it is easier on the electric bill. If I know the weather will be nice the next day, I will put a load in the washer and delay the start until 5am. then I hang them outside when I wake up.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I HATE laundry, so I always begin washing last minute. I wait until I have like 30 to fold 2 loads. I rush it and it gets done better that way.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I do at least a load a day. I use cloth diapers so I have to do at least one load. But today, I am doing bedding so I have already washed 3 loads. I should be folding them while the babies nap, but I need to drink my latte here and relax a bit. I just cleaned up from lunch, stir fry with a 10 month old and a 2 yr old is messy stuff LOL But I just keep it seperated. What I do once the diapers (and I toss towels and whites in there too) are out of the washer, I put in the darks then when it's a full load I start it....as in I just keep tossing dirty clothing in until it's full then run it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My Dh and I take turns doing laundry or do it together. . . we try to make sure that each load is filled to capacity and do loads as often as we can or as often as a load is filled. It saves water, energy and time on occasion. As a family we sort it and fold it all and put it away on the weekends. That way we are not doing that all day and all night every day. . . ;) If we can manage it a load a day is what we go for but for us now it is only 3 of us so the amount per day isn't as much. . . GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 2:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010