Do you think what women accept as "normal' adult male behavior has changed in the last 50 years?

Seems to be alot of issues on here and in the real world with men who feel that working and/or supporting his family is beneath him somehow and he should be able to go out and party and act as if he is still single. I'm always shaking my head and asking myself why the women get with these immature "boys" instead of finding themselves a real man.We as women are still expected to carry,care,and support our children,but some men feel they can keep up the life they had before they became fathers,and some women put up with it.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like a whole lot of parents of our generation(s) were so busy rejecting gender stereotypes they forgot to instill values of responsibility to others and self in both the boys and girls they raised.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think men have changed their way of being a man. What choice do a most women have? I am fortunate to have a dh who WORKS very hard to support his family. I have 2 sisters who have grown boys that dont feel they need to work.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• yes, women excuse too much crappy behavior because they are "men" aka BOYS.
    I have very high standards for my husband, too bad more people don't.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I was taught that a woman doesn't need a man--I'm very independent and could do it with or without a man.. I don't want to have to think I need someone to support me.. So no, I don't think I personally think like the women did 50 years ago.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Men take forever to mature. Plus most of the good men or either taken or are gay. I use to tell everyone I want to find a man that is a sensitive as a gay man but is straight..
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Mommy_of_two388~ they exist.... trust me, they do. :)

Yes, things have changed- "Home Correction" is now "CRIMINAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE". Women have the right to choose if, and when to have children, and can make as much in the working world as a man... As far as maturity, that has as much or as little to do with the "woman" as it has to do with the "man".
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I am not by any means that women that will put up with that crap. I did once opon a time with my ex but we didn't have children.I was paying the bills keeping the house going ect, ect. So needless to say he is my EX for a reason. Know that I have a child and 2 step-children and a great hubby i would never put up with that crap, going out with the guys once in a while that is fine with me,but out in the bars or chillin with the guys all the time that isn't my hubby nor will he ever put his family on the way side.Maybe I am just a very lucky women my hubby is a hard working,good father and his #1 in life is his children and family. Of course i work and we both pay the bills but at the same time our family is our life.So at the end of the day i know where my hubby heart and head lays at night.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My husband is great. He is a family man, works full time, doesnt drink or like to go out much.
    The longer we are together the easier it becomes. He cooks dinners when I work nights, even does laundry. Hes good stuff.
    I DO however notice that there are tons of manbabies out there. Lots of immature goofy little boys in man bodies...LOL I think the people in our lives treat us the way we allow them to. We need to step up and say NO! the world is evening out and women are advancing more and more, and I think the men, some of course, are not keeping up. Also as mothers we need to help our sons be more self sufficient, motivated and independent
    readytogetgoing

Answer by readytogetgoing at 2:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I don't put up with that crap, either.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My mom raised myself and my sisters to be independent. When my s/o and I decided to by a house I made sure that the house notes would not be more than I could afford to pay if one day ( God Forbid) he decided that he would rather be living elsewhere. Women of all ages will at one time or another be a fool for love, but only a strong woman will be a fool onlyl once. I love being in a relationship but I also refuse to share. If my s/o decides to tip elsewhere, I would let her have him with my blessings but she'll take him as he is. Other than his car, his clothes and his personal items everything else stays here with me, including half of the bank account that we share. I have tried to teach my sons that relationships are about give and take, you give as much to her as you take, no more no less. My sons can cook do laundry and change diapers too.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010