baby getting cough

My husband brought home a nasty cough from work. My 6 mo old son has a runny nose, and hasn't been sleeping well the past two nights. He feels warmer then usual, but doesn't have a fever. Today he has been coughing and sneezing a little. He is breastfed and I have been doing saline spray and leaving the humidier on while he sleeps. I don't want to medicate him unless absolutely necessary, is there anything else I should be doing for now?

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be careful with the humidifier it helps for congestion but if he is mucusy it might increase the mucus... I'm sure baby will be fine and that after kicking this cold nothing will bug'em :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Can suggest "Little Noses" and "Boogie Wipes" to help ease any sore nose from happening.
    sew_n_mama

Answer by sew_n_mama at 3:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I agree with SEW.. i believe your doing everything you can for the time being.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2010