How do I get my one year old to eat?

My daughter just turned one and she's going through a stage where she doesn't want to eat anything except cheese and bread. She liked all the baby food fruits and veggies, but now all of a sudden, she refuses to eat any. .. baby food or fruits and veggies. Any tips on how to get her interested again? Thanks!

psmiller511

Asked by psmiller511 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use to fee mine at that age and I would tell them stories of what interest them, they were so mesmerized at them that the opened their mouths and ate whatever I gave them.

Answer by older at 2:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• this might help i added a lil sugar or honey to almost everything... he loved it.
    desmaras89

Answer by desmaras89 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• get creative with those things she will eat

cheese over pasta ... cheesy noodles

different kinds of bread w/ different nut butter dips

french toast sticks, grilled cheese, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Keep offering a variety of foods. She should be able to eat many types of food now. If she won't eat let her down and try again in 30 minutes or so with something else. Try new stuff too. My little guy loved steamed carrot sticks at that age. He also loved yogurt and frozen berries (he doesn't like them once they warm up) it also felt good for teething...be careful if you have a "choker" though
    Elastigirl818

Answer by Elastigirl818 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Like my dr. told my mom - "she'll eat when she's hungry ..."
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• All toddlers go through phases. And sometimes they get tired of the same foods over and over again. Mine got tired of Cheerios and refused to eat them for a while. She did the same thing with carrots. But now she'll eat them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If she is one then I would just try feeding her what you eat.... My daughter loved her baby food until she had real food and wouldnt eat anything else but that!! lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• as soon as my son hit one it seemed as though all of his food interests went right down the drain... just basically like your saying... He used to love everything, now I cant get him to eat hardly, I just know the foods he does like, so as long as they are healthy foods I give him an excess of that. He hates baby food now, will not eat it ever again, which I dont think after age one they should be eating baby food anyways. He eats what I eat, but if I dont eat healthy always make sure he does. Also I recently started trying to get him to use a spoon, and he doesnt mind eating whatevers on the end of it as long as he gets to feed it to himself, with my help of course.
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010