does your baby get bumps from the vaccines???

my mom insists that this is not normal but when i asked my sons dr she said it was ok. almost every shot he gets he has a bump on that spot for a while it usually goes away by the time he goes to his next visit. but im in process of changing his drs cause i felt she never listened to me when i had concerns, so have any of you seen this before?

nessac1987

Asked by nessac1987 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats not something I never noticed. But I definatly agree that if your doctor doesn't seem to be listening to you or dismisses you then finding a new one is a great idea.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Mine never has except for one booster and we were warned in advance that would happen. Does you doctor give you informational sheets about every vaccine she gives? Our does and on it it always has the signs of an allergic reaction. There are different levels of reaction from mild up to severe. It'll even tell you what the percentage is of each type of reaction.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• no she never gave me info sheets she would only tell me the names of the shots. omg stupid dr so he could be having an allergic reaction to these shots and i dont even know??? and the only reason i got her was cause she was my dr and knows the fam for 14yrs. but after this im done im definitely changing her.
    nessac1987

Comment by nessac1987 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No my DS never got bumps from the vaccines. Our pediatrician gives us info sheets on the shots he gets every time we go in.
    Elastigirl818

Answer by Elastigirl818 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Its very common for kids to get rashes, bumps, all kinds of things, the dr is pumping fluid thats not used to being there into his little body, I truly think your doctor was being honest, and its completely normal
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• my little one get s a SMALL bump where the injection was given but goes away by that night... BUT IF YOUR DR. DOESN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS OR YOU DO NOT FEEL COMPLETELY COMFORTABLE WITH THEM TAKE YOUR BABIES SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU NEED TO TRUST YOUR CHILDREN'S LIVES WITH THEIR PEDIATRICIAN and always make sure they have a pediatrician not just a family doctor they are more up to date and aggressive about what COULD be going on with your children
    Jacky S.

Answer by Jacky S. at 4:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010