What did you win?

What contests or drawings have you won over the years, whether it be here on CM, or the radio or a store drawing...anything.

I won a free drawing for a family portrait session yesterday. I still have to pay for the pictures I order, but still nice.

In the past: Back in the 80's, won tickets to a Rod Stewart concert, won 3rd place in this other contest this radio station had (plus in addition, I won a free pizza/2-liter coke in an additional drawing they had, LOL), won tickets to see the WWE (they were known as the WWF back then), but I didn't go because I got sick w/ a stomach virus (gave tickets to my then SIL and step-niece). Also won a drawing for a big portrait (10x13 I think) back in the 90's, but I never claimed it.

I won a silly little contest at work last year. Voted "Least changed since high school" (my looks), LOL.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I also won a cruise to the Bahamas a couple years ago, through our local radio station! I've won lots of other stuff from the radio, but that was the biggest in Florida. I won a video camera here on CafeMom several months ago and other littler thing here. Back in the 80's I won a set of snow skis & $1,000 both from local radio stations in Michigan!
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I never won anything....I'm always the loser.....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I won an essay contest from Rosie O Donnell when she was on the Broadway play fiddler on the roof about 4 years ago. Flew to NYC, stayed in times square, and when our luggage was lost she sent over money and gift cards. best trip everrrrrrrrr
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• A few years ago I won a free cruise to Mexico then a few months later won a video camera. I think I have won my fair share of fewer things but the cruise was the first big thing I have ever won.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I've won a few other minor things too here and there, but nothing really major, unless you count Rod Stewart tickets.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• hbbingmom: That sounds awesome and that was very nice of her to do! :)

dragonlady44: Nice! I'd love a cruise!

anonymous: Party Pooper! It's a good, legit studio. I take my son for his portraits there regularly (he's had 8 done there, plus we had a family portrait done last year). Any other place, yeah, I'd be skeptical (like I was with that 11x13 I won), but not them.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If you still had to pay for the pictures, I bet they told everyone they won.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010