Is this happening to anyone else? (Mags)

Okay so about two years ago Maxim started coming to the house in my hubbys name. He didn't order it & ever since has been trying to get them to stop sending them.... (I know for a fact he isn't telling me that he didn't order them, & really did. Why lie about Maxim when he gets playboy?)

About a year ago, we started getting ESPN, Again without ordering it. Now we are getting others too, & we never ordered them, Dont want them & refuse to pay the bills, the company keeps sending us bills & bugging us to pay, even though We know we never ordered them.

My friend is having the same issue with Maxim. Shes a single mom so I doubt that she wants it!! So when it started coming she had issues.

My question is anyone else going through this? && if you are, are you going to pay?

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 2:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• Did you ever go to the music store FYE? or a Sam Goody or Suncoast if there are any more? They have this thing that if you pay with a credit card you can get free magazines. After the free ones come in the automatically sign you up for a subscription and charge your credit card if it's still valid. I don't know of any other stores that do this but FYE does and Maxim is one there list to choose from.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It has happened to me with Sports Illustrated. We did order it, but after 1 year I had enough and didn't renew. They kept coming along with the bills and the begging. Finally it stopped, but it took a long time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Have you called the companys?That's where i would start. No i am having no issues with getting magazines that I didn't order.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• did you click on any "special offers" or do any online contests? Magizine subscriptions are usually something that goes along with those and can be found in the fine print...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We've called, & they've called & bugged us for money & we always go through the same issue, they tell us there sorry & promise to stop sending & the following month their backk
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Soniam, I dont. I figure most of them are spam anyway... & I know hubby doesn't, He gets on facebook to do Farmville & talk with some of his old friends. He doesn't normally have the time to go to any other websites.
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• For mompam Sports Illustrated is another one in that program you can choose for free then start getting billed for.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Finkette, Hubby didn't use Sam Goodes when they were in town. He felt they were overpriced & walmart was cheaper. (which explains why they closed down in my town.) && We aren't close to an FYI
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• A few times that I ordered from Amazon there was a box to check or uncheck about a free subscription. I declined.

Answer by Bmat at 2:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Maybe someone is messing with you and signing you up for magazine subscriptions just to be a jerk.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010