Do you still go out with your friends?

Even though you have children?
Do you think its Immature to want to go out for a night on the town?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I go out rarely, and no it's not immature, it is being youthful, having fun, getting out, getting adult time, a break.

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• not at all but i personally do not right now cause we dont have to money
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• No, its not immature at all. I mean, if you were ditching your family a few times a week, then yes, its immature, but once every month or so? Absolutely fine and let's face it, GOOD FOR YOU. I get together with the girls a few times a year. We'd probably do it more if it was easier for us to schedule, we are all so busy with our families its so hard to nail down dates.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I think it's immature to want to go out all the time, and find random different people to watch your kid(s) just so you don't miss a night out, but a night here and there if the kid is with someone safe and trusted is perfectly fine and actually NORMAL.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I go out with my friends or we go to each other's house. I find it relaxing and always nice to have conversations that are not involving children or husbands. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I never did go out on the town. I did continue to see friends at their place or ours, or going out for a meal or a concert with them.

Answer by Bmat at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I make it a point to go out with my girlfriends at least twice a month. My children are also older, but I need that social interaction and the time away. It is something that makes me happy, and helps me relax. A night on the town typically consists of dinner and then karoake with the girls and sometimes dancing. I go on Wednesdays it seems to work best, and then my weekends are all family time.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Every now and then I go and watch a movie with a friend but unless they come to my house I don't normally get to see anyone. Money is very tight here and movies a free for me. And I don't think it is immature to go out every once and a while. If you do it all the time then it could be considered immature.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• There are certain days that my husband will go out with his friends and the girls and I will do a girls night and other nights that I go out with my friends and he does a daddy/daughter thing other nights we do a date night but we also have family nights yes it is important the days vary because of schedules
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 2:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It is ok to go out sometimes, but I don't do it and I think it it is immature to want to go out more than once a month or so...jmo. Especially if you are leaving your kid(s) with you rparents all of the time or something like that. Depends on what you mean by going out, too. If you are getting smashed and going home with random men or something, then yea, it is immature, (and dangerous).
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010