Some people think that allowing your child....

To listen to rap is bad what do you think?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I don't think rap is bad, what I think is bad is the content of music lyrics - be it rap, alternate, rock, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Uhhhh, yeah...I do....maybe there are a few songs that are ok. But a good bit of it is filled with foul language, derogatory comments about women or gangs or police.

Like I said, I KNOW that not all of it is like this. But a good bit of it is!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Yes, I wouldn't want my children listening to rap. I am a young mom, 24, my oldest is 4, i listen to modren trending music, bu i also know when to change the station.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Nah..my kids listen to it.. Think what you want.. I like them to be offered a variety of different things.. They listen to country, rock, oldies, country.. they get to choose their favorite.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I personally hate it. My 15 year old always puts it on and we have radio fights every time he's in the car. It's just awful.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It depends-My children are 8 and 7 I do and so do they-However I do control which songs are allowed
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Um...I let my kid listen to all genres of music...it's the songs with swearing and such that i don't let him listen to.
    Elastigirl818

Answer by Elastigirl818 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I CAN'T STAND THE NOISE. But i also have a teenage SS in the house and If he puts the crap on it is off quicker then it got put on. If it has bad words in it it is taken away, no matter if he bought it or not. This is my house too and I have a parrot for a toddler.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I have no problem with my children listening to rap, my children listen to a variety of music. I do talk to my daughters about the meaning of some of the words in some songs. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Mine gets to listen to anything. Classic, Rap, R & B....he is exposed to all music.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2010