Aggressive 2 year old boy who is not phased by disciple

My 2 year old is very aggressive. He will tell you that he is going to smash you or break you. He is very loving, but can also be VERY MEAN? When I disciple him, he becomes more aggressive. I do follow through, but he can become very tiring and the time outs don't seem to phase him.

KellyVal

Asked by KellyVal at 2:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• keep him in time out longer then talk to him after words take his toys away, tv if he has one ect make sure he is in a corner where he cant see any one and has nothing to play with, if he keeps getting up keep putting him back my son was bad i have had to spank him occasionally and he will listen after that
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• THANK YOU!
    KellyVal

Comment by KellyVal (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• navywifemomkoch took the words right out of my mouth... & if that doesn't work send him to his room, or a room in the house that doesn't have toys or tv....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'd ask your doctor for advice as well. Some overly aggressive behavior can be a sign of other problems (not that that is necessarily the case, you jsut want to rule it out). personally, I wouldn't spank as that can make kids even more aggressive.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would be wondering where he is learning the language?? My son is throwing a tantrum as we speak because I want him to clean his room. I take away privilages for bad behavior and return them for good. With my son its his video game or his bike. Maybe find something that he really likes and only let him have it if he is being good.
    BusyBee908

Answer by BusyBee908 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2010