how can i get my child to sleep at night?

she falls asleep a night but i cant get her to stay sleep.

lonelylady216

Asked by lonelylady216 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know the answer to this one, but I wish I did! I'm watching for helpful tips. Thanks for asking this question!
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Elizabeth Pantley's "No Cry Sleep Solution for Preschoolers/Toddlers" might help. The problem may not be stopping your child from waking up at night as much as it is teaching her to go right back to sleep without help. She also has a web site that might be a good starting point.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Try some warm milk before bed time. I know that Victoria seems to sleep all night, wihtout waking up, if she does noit have a nap during the day
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• good luck
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When my 4 yr old wakes up at night sometimes she will lay and cry for me to come in there. Sometimes I ignore her, sometimes I can't. Most of the time when she wakes up, it's only half awake, and she just needs a little comfort to get her back to sleep. I sometimes go in and pat her back until she falls back to sleep, but I know she needs to work on putting herself back to sleep as well, so you may be able to get her a stuffed animal or blanket, and tell her that she can hug the toy or blanket when she wakes up and get some sort of comfort from that. I don't know if you believe in making up silly things like "Mommy's magic dust comes out when you squeeze Teddy bear" lol :) I'm not sure...sometimes that works with my daughter.
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If she is still taking naps I would suggest making them shorter.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Teach her things to do once she wakes up to get herself back to sleep. I let mine play quietly in his room until he gets sleepy again. He also does not take naps.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010