Pet Cremation.

Hi,
Some people think it is weird to do it but ohwell.
My mom's dog was hit by a car right in front of her yesterday. This dog was not just a dog it was her child and she was there for medical reasons. She was a mini pincher. She weighed abput 8lbs she was 9 yrs old. Mom has had her since she was 9wks old. Do you know how much it would cost to have her cremated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pets

• when I had a lab cremated it was $350. Just call your local vet and ask for quotes. Sorry for the lost...good luck
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 10:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sorry for the loss. Pets are special. I have always treated mine as family members. We had our dog cremated years ago. He was a greyhound and very large so it was expensive. I would call your vet. They should be able to help.
    BunintheOven1

Answer by BunintheOven1 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• A small dog like that should only cost about $100. or less. We have all or animals that die cremated. Thier time living with us mean a lot. You can pick your own urn out for your pet if you have a special box or containment . Then the cost is cheaper. Sorry about the loss as I am a mother and grand mother and love my animals as part of our family. Call your vet to see what the charges are.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Depends on what part of the country - can be 80 to 120.00
    Sorry about your mom's Loss...

Marie Peppers
    The Doggie Chalet Hotel
    http://www.apluspetcare.com
    nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 2:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS! Our furbabies mean the world to us too... in Ohio where I am it would probably cost around 43.00 dollars...... It is not silly I have had this done to the last few of mine I cannot stand burying them in my yard anymore. again so sorry
    meant2bmom

Answer by meant2bmom at 3:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My vey quoated me $165 and that was for a big dog.
    Deb_Jones

Answer by Deb_Jones at 10:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i just had this done and my friend found a place value vets and to put her to sleep and cermation was 275.00 they go by weight but if would have been less if she had passed away and i am glad i did
    ladiebo

Answer by ladiebo at 3:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008