Has anyone ever used Amtraks Auto Train?

It's a train that goes from the DC area to the Orlando Area, and it can also carry your car. We are planning a vacation for next summer and this would save us a ton of money on airfare and a car rental.

Courtney610

Asked by Courtney610 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Travel

• Last Oct i took it from Deland fla to Virginia..it was one of the best road trips ever!!!! For us it was a 16 hour ride..(drove another 6-7 to get to destination N.Y) the wait is very little to load cars and to unload..food is great and blankets are comfy ..you can walk all over the train..it was very very cheap..
    peachface21

Answer by peachface21 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My in-laws go to FL every year from up north and they love it. I've never been on it myself.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• heck no! I didn't know such a thing exsisted. Is it just for that area, or do they do this all over the country? We are moving in 6 months, this may be EXTREAMLY helpful for us. Could you post a link for their website please?!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Haven't used this particularly have used amtrak in general though and no complaints what so ever.....its always fun
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak/autotrain  As far as I am aware, it is only this route, but I have not yet done much research.

Courtney610

Comment by Courtney610 (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010