Am I wrong to be upset with him?

So my husband came home from work yesterday and I asked if I could go out with the girls on Friday night. His response was Can it wait till Saturday. Mind you he has duty Saturday. So I would have the kids to go out with. If I wanted the kids with I wouldn't of asked. But when I stated that he was like you don't have to be hateful. So later he was like you can go and I said now I don't want to. He was a jerk to me. I don't know what to do. His excuse was that I asked at the wrong time he had a headache and he had a bad day at work. Well I had a bad day at home. I didn't act like a jerk to him.
Should I be upset? I know I am. Should I just get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• It is ok to be upset, but you should forgive him, just go have fun with your girlfriends. Next time just tell you got invited to go out and ask him if he will keep the kids. You shouldnt have to ask if you can go. Sounds like you need a break. Just drop it and go have a good time!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you have every right to be upset and you shouldn't have to ask if you can go out. If I want to go out with my friends I just tell him.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree with mommymel03.
    Get a feel of his mood before asking him next time:)
    And you should still go.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• this is a not important enough thing to stay upset about. Bring it up again and see how he feels about it and if everythings okay go out. we all need time away from kids, and usually its the man that gets it not us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm going to speak boldly to you.... he was a jackass for implying that he didn't want the responsibility of watching the children so you could go out and making you think that it would be fine as long as it didn't cause him any extra stress, ie; watching the kids. He was wrong for that. But he calmed down and told you that he reacted out of reaction to his day and headache..... When he told you that he was okay with you going and you then said you weren't going to go because he was a jerk to you.... that's being passive aggressive towards your husband. You shouldn't be that way... it's less than mature and I'm sure you are not normally like that but that you were reacting out of hurt feelings and his implied shirking of responsibility or willingness to watch the kids.... Definitely go on Friday... and make up with your husband... this is a minor thing, don't let it become more than that.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• PaceMyself I didn't call him a jerk that was my thoughts. But I didn't out right call him one.
    Anonymous