Do you think it's okay to leave a baby in a diaper that's been on overnight a little longer if you expect him to poop right after waking up?

Say you are cloth diapering and want one less diaper to wash or you use disposables and want to save a few cents......

barefootbooks

Asked by barefootbooks at 2:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• in my experience if the diaper is full and the poop is even slightly runny its going to go all over the place so why would you?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i've done it.. but i don't cloth diaper..

proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Depends on how wet the baby is

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• NO they've been sleeping in pee all night why do you want to wait just to see if the poop? That extra cents I pay is worh it so I can prevent diaper rash.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I would still probably change it...makes me feels bad for them if they are dirty. I will wait to change them if they arein the middle of a poop, though.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• It isnt about saving a few cents to me... it's the fact that you are wasting time and energy if you know they are about to go.... but if they aren't pushing or anything then go ahead and change them. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• My Dd won't poop in a peed diaper unless she's forced to. She'll actually try and hold it... which is bad for her bowels... so I change her diaper as soon as she wakes up.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 2:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Absolutely.

Of course, I guess it depends on how full the diaper is. I give breakfast (usually when she stinkies), then change her.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• If he sounds like he is working on a poop right that second, then I wait. If I think maybe he might go at some point within the next half hour, I just put a new one on. Diapers aren't THAT expensive. :0)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Sometimes my dauhter as woke up from sleeping all night and her diaper was dry .. I still changed it b/c I figure her "stuff" needs to air out anyway for the few seconds it takes to change her. And plus, she's at the stage where changing her diaper has to be a dramatic scene from a movie, so when she first wakes up, she's very calm and lets me just change her. lol
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010