Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Does anyone know what this could be caused by...? adult content

If my Dh doesn't eat on the dot after four hours or so, he gets to be the biggest grump. If he continues not eating (which in his grumpy state he refuses to get up and fix anything for himself) he'll get worse and worse until I can no longer stand him.
If he eats something greasy or fatty, he's even worse then if he had stayed hungry.

Does anyone know what this is caused by? Anything he can do to fix it? Omg, it's getting unbearable. I refuse to get up and fix him food once he's being an asshole to me... I'm not a slave.


Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I am pretty awful when I am hungry, too. Maybe low blood sugar, but then it would be better after he ate. Probably his body is in need of nutrients, and when he eats something unhealthy, it is'nt making it any better. It will make it even worse because the greasy food depleats him of the nutrients he does have.

    Answer by momof3josephs at 2:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • maybe hes hypoglycemic.

    Answer by cassie_m at 2:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • Possibly diabetes??? Low blood/sugar.....hypoglycemic? He might wanna get that checked.

    Answer by cheekycherub at 2:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • Has he ever had any problems with blood sugar? I know when mine gets low I become a beast. lol.

    Answer by fireflymcl at 2:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • he should have his sugar checked. he could hypoglucian. his suga should be crashing. my grandpa does the samething when he hasnt eaten during a certain time limit. he went to doc and his sugar was way back! he has to take insulin now.

    Answer by jamiethornton26 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • have his sugar checked....

    Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • Tell him to man up and pick up a phone and go to the doctors. Your right is isn't your child. You aren't his slave your his wife.Loving wife at that.Remind him of that.

    Answer by raemommy at 2:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • He needs to go to his Dr and get a full check up. This sounds more medical than just being a jerk. Blood sugar issues are generally pretty easy to fix. Electrlyte or chemical imbalances can be adjusted fairly easily. Does he ever complain of right upper stomach discomfort or ever told he had a gallbladder issue?

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • I'm Hypoglycemic and I do that to my husband. I can't help it I just feel so sick from not eating that I feel like I can't move and get irritated very easily. Just try to take it easy with him when he gets like that....Try some orange juice to boost his sugar back up if you can't get to food right away.

    Answer by Finkette at 2:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

  • Maybe he is just lazy and wants you to cater to him. Of course it could be medical

    Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2010