induction & laboring in birthing tub?

are there any moms out there that have been induced and been able to labor in the birthing tub? it is something I am really interested in doing but kinda feel silly calling my dr if i can't lol. I bug him all the time and yesterday when we decided I was being induced this upcoming Saturday my husband and I kind of rushed out of the office b/c my 4 year old was freaking out lol and I didnt get to ask him that.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 2:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I was induced with pitocin, they would not let me in the tub because of the IV.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• LOVE THE BIRTHING TUB! it's relaxing, but they don't give water births at my hospital so I wasn't able to go that far. It is way relaxing and cumfy, but talk to your Dr. it's their job to help you no matter what!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• thats what I'm thinking, I will have an iv :( boo
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• with an iv i dont think so....maybe labor will naturally! that would probably be your best hope, try some safe natural ways of inducing labor, sex, nipple stimulation
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 2:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You will have an IV and have to be constantly monitored, you'll be lucky if they let you go to the bathroom. They might give you a catheter.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• i was induced with my first and had no problems they let me walk and everything until i got an epidural
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2010