attack of fleas help

we have fleas they are eating up my children we have bombed and i use lavender wash on them its supposed to repel them then i vacum but still have them is there something that will repel them or get rid of them and safe to use on my small children

faith86

Asked by faith86 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i dont know. i bombed my house, treated the dogs, sprayed the yard, washed all the laundry, vacuumed it all up and they are still here. i called a local pest control guy and he told me that all that is worthless if there is even one stray can that comes in my yard. and of course there are. the only way is to get rid of any untreated animals and im not willing to kill a cat so i dont really know what to tell you.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• at night when everyone is asleep but out a bowl of DAWN, (has to be dawn) dish soap, && water... the fleas are drawn to it for some reason, put one in the main living area...

also try the LICE spray for bedding & such.

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• When you bomb inside (raid works best), spray outside for them also or you'll never get rid of them.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We had a terrible problem with that last year, and our animals didn't go outside. A flea bomb didn't work, shampooing, frequent vac didn't work, we went and got this spray from walmart, it's a purple can, I think it's called raid, works wonders, and isn't horribly harmful to the family at all, takes a little time to air out, then I would just wash everything down and do a light shampooing! Another thing that works.. they are attracted to light and white things.. Take a night light and place a bowl of water with a little dish soap in it under the light!! IT WORKS.. Won't get rid of ALL of them, but it is safe and healthy for the family!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• They just seem to be really bad during this time of the year.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• You can get powder for the carpets. It's been a while so I'm fuzzy on the details but I believe you put it down and then vacuum it up like 30-60min later. And wash all linens thoroughly. Vacuum the matresses. And treat the pets.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 2:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I've been through this. We bombed and did everything else. In the end we called an exterminator. That's what finally got rid of them. Make sure you get your animals treated.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We had problems just like that until I treated my dog with comfortis. It is a tablet you give the dog once a month. They are like 14 dollars a month. The fleas will get on the dog bite the dog and die. Best thing we ever did. Shampoos did nothing. Frontline did nothing. Pesticides for the house did nothing. Go on and give this a try. I do not know if it is avail for cats or even if you have cats. Let me know if this works.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I use Adams flea products, it works for us. Also, I use hot shot to spray hard floors.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• We had an infestation so bad that we treated the dog and had to have terminex come out twice to get rid of them. And vacuuming everyday was a must as well b/c the vibration of the vacuum hatches the flea eggs.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2010