Teaching your child!

I am looking for fun creative ways to help my daughter learn! i know flash cards and yadda yadda, but I am looking for something creative and fun that my daughter can do, enjoy, and be creative with! Let me know!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do an ABC scavenger hunt in the house.

Put all 26letters on letter appropriate items and then have a Letter Hunt
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 3:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I just play with my Dd. When we color I tell her the colors and I talk about what we're coloring. When we play with music, we practice rythem and even dancing. When we use crayons, I talk to her about how many crayons she's holding and how many I have, and we count them. When we're outside, I tell her about everything she picks up and I show her new bugs and plants and tell her what they are and tell her to be gentle with the flowers. I don't see the point in sitting down with flash cards or anything like that.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 3:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• mom2unangel gives some great advice. This is how I've been raising my DS. I try to talk to him about everything. I also buy learing books, those are his favorites. The ones with the pics of animals and shapes and stuff.
    camsmom415

Answer by camsmom415 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• I'm doing a letter a week with my 3 year old twins. I get some worksheets and such off the internet and also picked up a pre-k workbook from The Dollar Tree.
    Monday - we do a rhyme for the letter and the circle all the letter of the week they see in poem - they also do an intro tracing sheet for that letter (from internet)
    Tuesday - we do the workbook page and generally a shapes or colors sheet
    Wed - I printed out large block letters and they decorate the letter with something related to it (for B they glued down buttons to the shape of the B)
    Thursday - we do a craft for that letter (for A we made apple sun catchers)
    Friday is a day off

we start each "school day" with going over the alphabet, numbers, shapes, and colors. You can get all kinds of great stuff at The Dollar Tree including ABC borders and charts.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2010